Ironman Boulder

Sunday, June 2, 2013

6.1.13 Riding the Hills of South Dallas


Jeff asked me if I wanted to ride hills with a group on Saturday morning.  We were meeting at Mountain View Junior College at 7:15am.  This area of South Dallas has alot of hills.  We stayed pretty much in the area and went up and down the same set of hills.  Most of the climbs were in the 150-200 foot range at varying in grade.  Some of the climbs were pretty steep.  I was able to hit around 47mph on the descents.  My legs were really tired when I finished.  Jeff rode from Valley Ranch to the meeting point and back so most of the group left after about two hours.  I went ahead and did one more lap to give me 3 hours of climbing.  It wasn't all that hot but really humid.  I think I went through about 80-90 ounces of fluid.  The Zipp 404s I was riding on held up pretty well.  The wind was blowing pretty hard at first and the cross winds were trying to move me around a little bit on my bike but I was able to hold my line.  I was more worried about the steeper downhills but never had a problem.  I have never gone that fast on my bike before and it was a little scary the first few times.  A few people in the group saw some tarantula's on the side of the road.  I didn't see any.  I returned the demo wheels in the afternoon before we headed to the Ranger game and went ahead and bought the 404s.  My bike should be ready on Monday.  I'm looking forward to that.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/321210969



No comments:

Post a Comment