Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6.11.13 Track Run

Had trouble sleeping last night.  I woke up three or four times in the middle of the night.  I'm not sure why.  When I was supposed to get up around 5am, I dozed back off for another 45 minutes.  Bummer on the late start.  My workout was slightly abbreviated due to my race in Austin this week.  Jeff dropped one 1200 interval but otherwise was a normal Tuesday track day.  I did a ladder with some complicated math.  Started with the usual warm up mile.  The intervals were 400, 800, 1200, 800, 400.  I forgot to start my watch on the first 400 so that wasn't optimal for my tracking.  My times were not supposed to exceed 5k pace but I had some issues with that today.  The math part was taking 5k pace and adding 5 seconds.  For everything greater than 400 meters, add the 5 seconds to the 5k pace +5.  I decided that going about 7:30 pace for 400, 7:45 pace for 800, and 1200 pace for the 1200.  My times didn't seem to follow all that closely today.  My head must have been a little off today for some reason.  My last 400 was at 6:43 pace which was way too fast.  I kind of made a mess out of this today.  My legs seemed really tired before I went but my legs responded pretty well.  I got the rest of my workouts for the week today so the distances will be a little shorter.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/326279846

No comments:

Post a Comment