Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

6.4.13 Track Run

Yesterday was a rest day of sorts.  I only swam at the CARC in the morning.  2600 yards with a lot of kickboard work so it ran a little over an hour.  I felt ok but was a little sore from the weekend.  Jeff asked me to rest since the rest of the week was going to be pretty tough.  I meant to wake up earlier than usual yesterday but overslept.  It was 5:30am when I woke up.  I thought about putting off the run until this evening but decided to get out there this morning to avoid the heat.  It was 97 on the way home today so that was a good decision.  The workout was simple but tough with a warm up mile, (3) 1600s at 90% effort with slow recovery 400s in between, and a cool down mile.  I felt pretty good when I got to the track.  All of my 1600s were around 7:28 pace.  Probably a little slower than I wanted but I wasn't maxing out.  I felt a little fatigue towards the end.  It's going to be hard to string together build weeks for the next month or so.  This may stop some of my progress but I hope not.  Jeff asked me about fueling so I think it's time to get straight before Buffalo Springs.  I got my bike back from Bicycles Plus in Coppell and have my Zipp 404s now.  I can't wait to get a few miles on them this week.  I switched out the cassette to an 11-28 after consulting JT at the bike shop.  I should have an extra speed gear and a better gear for climbing.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment