Ironman Boulder

Friday, June 21, 2013

6.21.13 Swim/Bike

It's the usual double today.  I swam this morning.  Since I skipped on Wednesday, I had a choice of three workouts to choose from.  I went with the longest set I had which was about 2200 yards.  When I got to the pool, I thought about rattling off 2200 straight yards but decided I may save that for next week on Monday.  The workout today was pretty much straight swimming and pull buoy work.  It only took about 53 minutes today and I headed home.  I was starving when I made it home from work and decided to go eat and then ride the bike.  The bike workout was to be higher cadence but nice and easy pace.  I stayed in the Coppell area and ended up going around 65 minutes.  I'm getting up early tomorrow morning to ride with Justin.  Knocked back a bottle of everyday Skratch Labs after the ride and mixed all of my bottles for tomorrow.  I am ahead of the game for once.  The reality of Ironman Buffalo Springs is starting to close in on me now.  I can feel the pressure but am excited about it as well.  The heat is a little worrisome.  I don't think I have ever done that much distance in hot temperatures.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/331234580

No comments:

Post a Comment