Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday 10.24.12

4 days to go........The time is clicking by really fast.  I'm having weird dreams.  I dreamed after the swim, I started the run and skipped the bike.  After about a mile or two, I realized my mistake and started back to transition.  A golf cart gave me a ride and they wouldn't let me get my bike because they thought I was cheating.  Strange dreams indeed.  Today, I had a 2200 yard swim this morning.  No kickboard.  Just swimming and a few sets with the pull buoy.  I felt a little tight at first and then loosened up.  May be the nerves of the impending event.  This evening I rode my bike.  I have been looking forward to getting on the bike with my race wheels.  It looks awesome and it is faster.  Once you get up to speed, it's easier to maintain that speed.  The brakes are different.  Not as much play so that will be different, kind of like driving a different car.  The bike has a little more chatter in the frame and the geometry seems a little different.  I don't think it will be a problem at all.  I have three more workouts until the race.  I found out Chris McCormack is going to be in Austin for the race.  It would be really cool to see him out there.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/236801014

No comments:

Post a Comment