Ironman Boulder

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday 10.25.12

3 days to go.......This marked my last training run before the race.  I thought about that alot this morning.  All of the early days, running around in the dark avoiding busted concrete, mud on sidewalks, dogs, etc.  It's truly been a long road.  It was an easy 4 miles today with four 1 minute hard efforts.  I guess it didn't quite seem effortless but I think the weight of what lies ahead is putting stress on me.  My body was fine.  I didn't hurt and my aerobic fitness was good.  I tried to think about what it would be like trying to finish those 13.1 miles on Sunday.  It's really hard to know without having done this before.  We will leave for Austin tomorrow.  I will swim in the morning and maybe do a short ride before leaving.  I was hoping to get to Austin in time for check in but that may not be possible.  I will try to check in with some pictures.  I am meeting with Jeff this afternoon to go over my race strategy.  I don't know if Jeff is going to Austin or not.  It would be cool if he could be there for this.  Ironman.com has an athlete tracker so anyone who wants to follow me can do so there.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/236899093

No comments:

Post a Comment