Ironman Boulder

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday 10.15.12

T minus 13 days to the race.  There is only one weekend that separates me from the race now.  I will start to pay a little more attention to the weather forcast on accuweather.  It has been changing quite a bit over the past week or so.  Right now it's showing 85/57 for the temperatures.  October is typically a windy month in Texas.  I will hope for lighter winds for the race.  Monday is my slow day.  I got up and did a 2800 yard swim this morning.  One of the longer swims by distance.  Very smooth and I felt good throughout.  I used to fear the long open water swim.  It went well in Waco and I feel a little more confident now.  I just hope the hand to hand combat in the water is not too rough.  Looks like there are about 150 in my age group.  I am set to go off in one of the earlier waves.  I think 7:45am, from memory, if the schedule doesn't change.  I got the plan for the week from Jeff.  The taper begins this week.  The plan isn't significantly different during the week but definitely lighter on the weekend.  As Jeff says, the hay is in the barn now.  It's about resting up and healing before October 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment