Ironman Boulder

Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday 10.26.12

2 days to go.......Last day in Dallas.  We are leaving this afternoon when my son gets home from school.  I swam a short 1600 yard today.  Felt really good.  All of my 100s were about 1:50 pace.  It is cold today and is getting colder.  After meeting with Jeff yesterday, he suggested using today for decision making on what to wear on the ride.  I rode easy for about an hour.  Tight on the legs, foot warmers, arm warmers, and a bike jacket.  My T1 time is going to be brutal.  I think I have dialed in a good plan.  It was 50 degrees this morning and very windy.  It will be cold in Austin but not as windy.  I checked the weather and the low on Sunday morning is going to be 38.  I hate cold weather.  A real test to my will.  The last workout is complete and now it's time to race.  I will spend most of the day tomorrow getting my bike and myself checked in.  I will have to see what kind of cool stuff they have in the Ironman store.  I'm sure I'll spend a little there.  The weather has me a little more freaked out than before.  I wonder if they would consider delaying the start for about an hour or so.  Probably not.  I will try to make a few more posts before the race.  If you have interest in tracking my progress, you can to go to ironman.com.  In the upper right hand corner is a Athlete Tracker, click on that and you can find me by name or bib number.  I am number 676.  Should be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    triathlon forum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to swing by and read. Good to know someone might enjoy reading this.

      Delete