Ironman Boulder

Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday 10.8.12

I woke up this morning at 5am and it was a little hard to get moving.  My legs were a little sore from the 12 mile run on Saturday and the 4.5 hour ride yesterday.  Swimming is pretty good for getting everything loose and getting some soreness out so I headed to the pool.  Jeff had suggested maybe taking today off but I decided to get some work in.  The race is 20 days out so I don't want to get lazy now.  The 2550 yard swim today had a little bit of speed work in it today.  It feels good to go all out even if it is slow on the recovery side.  I was turning 45 second 50s today which would translate to 1:30 hundreds, if I could maintain the pace.  When I got to the pool, I was the only one there today.  I don't know if everyone else had motivation problems or not.  The lifeguard scrambled to her station when I got there and away I went.  I bought a vanilla honey stinger and tried that today along with a bottle of water.  Vanilla was a good change of pace.  Much better than fruit smoothie.  I think I will stick with chocalate, vanilla, and pomegranate for the race.  I should get this week's plan from Jeff today.  Should be another build week before tapering the last two weeks.  Weather is supposed to get better during the week with a chance of rain towards the end of the week.  Can we please get a decent weekend to work with?  The miserable weekend weather has been a real character builder.

No comments:

Post a Comment