Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday 10.16.12

12 days to go.....so this is a taper, huh.  Jeff says this is a taper so I'll take his word for it.  The track run today seemed as tough as any other track run.  6x800 at 5k pace with 400 recovery jogs in between.  I ran the 1.5 miles to the track as the warm up and then back home.  Close to 7.3 miles this morning at about 70 minutes.  All of the 800s were between 7:57 and 8:11 pace.  I didn't want the pace to slip into the mid 8s.  Jeff said the first 4 should be easy.  Really, the first 4.75 were pretty easy.  The last 200 of the fifth 800 was hard and I really fought through the sixth interval.  I stopped to drink some water and take a gel between interval three and four.  Tougher day than I expected today.  At this point, I am anxious to get to the race.  The number of people at the track are now dwindling by the week.  I don't know if most of the Dallas Athletes crew are done for the season or what.  I would say the numbers are probably a third of what they were a month ago.  Only the die hards left, I guess.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/234024396

No comments:

Post a Comment