Ironman Boulder

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday 10.11.12

Jeff threw me a little bit of a curve ball for today's workout.  Hill intervals.  I ran about 2 mile to Heartz Rd. in Coppell.  Going south between Parkway and Sandy Lake.  There is a fairly steep hill toward Sandy Lake.  I didn't know if this would work or not but it ended up being perfect.  The steeper section took about 1 minute to climb.  The plan was to run 1 minute hard up the hill, recover for a minute, and repeat 10 times.  I ended up doing about 75 seconds down the hill to recover and get to the same starting point.  It hurt but I made it fine.  I don't mind the pain that much.  I hurt every day due to the arthritis so I probably have a higher tolerance for the pain side of training.  Time are really irrelevant today.  Most of the miles were between 9:30-10:00 but this was more about the hills.  It came after alot of work yesterday.  I thought my legs may not have responded very well but to my surprise, I felt pretty good.  I think it is about 16 days to Austin.  Jeff asked me if I had questions or anything I wanted to go over.  I told him to give me a few days.  I have so many questions, I need time to gather my thoughts.  Thinking about it has my mind racing in so many directions I can't think straight.  The only thing that would crush me is not to finish.  I don't want to put this much effort in and bonk somewhere on the run.  I checked weather and it looks like a high of 72 and a low of 47.  I'm confused as to what to do on the bike coming out of the water when it's 47 degrees.  If the forecast doesn't change, it should be very nice for the run.  Some of the many things that rumble around in my brain.  Thanks to old school Joe Jackson and "Pretty Girls" for the song that sent me home.  By the way, the Ironman Championships in Kona are this weekend and can be seen at ironman.com.  That will be pretty cool.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/232285529


No comments:

Post a Comment