Ironman Boulder

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday 10.4.12

Sometimes life gets in the way.  I have had a brutal 48 hours.  I work in IT and we do production deployments in the middle of the night.  Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I worked all night.  I got maybe 3-4 hours of sleep before going to the office.  It usually works out well actually, Jeff will give me a fairly full plate of training and I can get most of it done from home the next day.  Tuesday morning after loading my data from my Garmin into my laptop, I stood up but the power cord was wrapped around my chair and the laptop crashed into the fireplace.  It was hosed.  I took it into the help desk and just now got it back.  I wasn't able to save anything.  The overnight deployment wasn't entirely successful.  I got home around 10:30am.  I did head to the pool and got my 2800 yard swim in before heading home to get some sleep.  As soon as I walked in the house, our Network Operations Center called me and we were having huge problems.  I was up another hours or so on a conference call.  So much for the evening bike ride and run.  I tossed in the towel on that and fell asleep in my chair around 9pm.  I set my watch to get up this morning around 5am and run.  I was to run to the track (1.5 miles), do 12x400 with 1-2 minute rest between and then run home.  The 400s were to be run a little faster than 8 minute mile pace.  When I don't get sleep, my arthritis is particulary bad and my body just doesn't respond well.  I was able to do the 400s anywhere from 7:07-7:30 pace.  It was very hard to do that many sets.  The whole run was around 6.5 miles but very high intensity.  I hope this doesn't mess anything up.  I need at least 2 more good nights of sleep.  Hopefully, I can configure my laptop and get my Garmin data uploaded tonight.  Bummer (sad face).

No comments:

Post a Comment