Ironman Boulder

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday 10.21.12

7 days to go.....I met Joe this morning at his house at 8am.  He ran 24 miles yesterday on the trails and I rode the bike and swam the lake yesterday.  Neither of us were really feeling great this morning.  My legs were a little sore to start but I settled into a decent pace and held on to that.  I felt pretty good for the first half the run.  I turned around at the halfway point and headed back.  I tried to remind myself to be careful.  I didn't want to get hurt on the trails today.  Sure enough, a few minutes later, I stubbed my big toe on my right foot on a rock and went down.  The toe hurt for rest of the run.  Joe and I decided to run the park road back home.  Sort of a wheels off day for running.  We ended up covering about 6.5 miles for 76 minutes.  The goal for today was 80 minutes.  I picked up new running shoes today and got my race wheels at the bike shop.  I'm renting race wheels for the week.  I'm looking forward to getting a ride in on them and see how fast they are.  We are leaving on Friday so I have about 5 days or taper work before the race.  It's getting exciting.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment