Ironman Boulder

Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday 10.19.12

9 days to go.  Back to the pool today for 2700 yards.  Lots of kickboard in the first quarter of the workout.  I dislike the kickboard more than anything in the pool but it is good for you.  My legs were a little sore yesterday but the pool always seems to right the ship with my legs.  I blazed through the yardage today.  It only took a little over an hour to complete the workout.  Usually, that much distance is at least 70 minutes.  I don't know if I was faster today or what.  We keep the bottled water in the fridge in the garage.  My water bottle was frozen solid today.  It melted as the workout went on which kept it nice and cold.  I was basically by myself in the pool today for the first 45 minutes.  I'm not sure where all the people have gone.  Maybe its the season change.  The weekend is coming and I would like to swim across Lake Grapevine tomorrow.  Joe said he will lead me on my Seadoo.  I have no idea how far it is across the lake.  It has to be a couple miles.  If it's too far, I'll stop when I'm tired.  I am supposed to either ride the bike easy for an hour tonight or run easy for 30 minutes.  I think Coppell is playing in Flower Mound tonight so that should be fairly easy to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment