Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday 10.2.12

I woke up at around 5am this morning but wasn't feeling great.  Started to move around and load up my water, gel, and iPod for the Tuesday track run.  I got out of the house right around 6am.  It was really cool outside.  Temp was about 61 when I left with a little wind from the north.  I ran to the track and was making pretty good time, around 9:40 pace.  There were not too many people at the track today.  Usually, the Dallas Athletes have a fairly large crew there on Tuesday morning and I would say it was at least half the normal contigent.  The good news is everyone was running the right direction today.  The workout today at the track was 6x800 with 1-2 minute rest between 800s.  The goal was 7:30-7:50 pace or 3:45-3:55.  The first three were fairly comfortable.  I grabbed my gel and some water at that point and finished the last three.  The last three were a little more difficult.  There seems to be a no man's land at about the half way point that wears on me mentally.  Once I get to the last few, it's easier to see the end and keep focus.  The run home was pretty close to the same pace as the run to the track.  Covered 6.25 miles overall in 56:50.  Short on mileage but very intense effort.  My 800s in order were 3:48, 3:51, 3:47, 3:51, 3:52, and 3:48.  I made time for all six and had a good return effort for the cool down.  The last two song on the iPod today were a double AC/DC selection of Going Down and Hell's Bells.  I can tell you what doesn't work on a run.  Jimi Hendrix and the Star Spangled Banner.  I love Jimi but his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner is not conducive to running at all.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/229206983

No comments:

Post a Comment