Ironman Boulder

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday 10.18.12

I set my alarm last night, just in case.  Didn't matter, I woke up at 5am like always.  Checked the weather and it was supposed to be 50 this morning.  Running tights and a long sleeve shirt for today.  Probably could have gone with shorts but I really don't like being cold at all.  Six mile run this morning.  One mile warm up, two miles at half marathon pace, recovery mile, another half marathon paced mile, and a cool down mile.  All of my half marathon paced miles were in the 8:45-8:55 range.  All of the other miles were in the mid 9s.  It is dark when I run now and gets dark at night as well.  My eyes aren't great in the dark so this is not my favorite training time of year.  I rode the bike last night for almost 80 minutes and it was dark for about the last 30 minutes.  I stayed in Coppell and did not venture out to Flower Mound.  There is only one more taper week before the race.  After that, I can find a better way to do some maintenance training.  I saw Justin this morning after I finished the run today.  Good to see him.  Jeff is in California so hopefully I can get some time with him next week to go over the race plan for the 28th.  Ten days to the race.  Tomorrow, it goes to single digits.  It's coming fast now.  The weather changed again for Austin.  It's showing 68/48.  I guess it needs to get a little closer before you can trust the weather guys.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/234616115

No comments:

Post a Comment