Ironman Boulder

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday 10.14.12

Plan called for a steady 2 hour run today.  I drove over to Joe's house for an 8am start to the run.  Rich was confused and missed us at 8am and showed up at 10am when we finished.  Joe and I couldn't run the trails today.  We had big rain last night and the trails were really muddy.  We ran down to Murrell Park and covered alot of the park roads by the lake and returned back to Joe's house.  I took a gel every 30 minutes and had a full fuel belt of water.  Didn't really need that much water.  The temps were cool and there was a nice breeze blowing.  It started to warm up as we finished but the conditions were good.  Best weekend day in a month.  We weren't really pushing the pace.  My legs were a little tired from the workouts this week and Joe ran 14 yesterday in the crappy weather.  We covered 11 miles in the 2 hours.  I should get next week's plan from Jeff tomorrow or Tuesday.  I expect the taper to begin so the mileage should reduce over the next few weeks.  Good day overall.  It was good to see Joe and Rich again on a Sunday morning.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/233385964

No comments:

Post a Comment