Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday 10.10.12

I had a little bit of everything today.  This morning was my swim.  The workout was 2700 yards and took about 68 minutes.  I did alot of shorter intervals today.  5x100s and 4x50s.  Not very long sets but multiples of the shorter sets.  I did have a longer set without walls.  Very unusual to be in a pool and not use the wall.  One of the shorter sets was a single arm drill.  I thought that would be really hard but I didn't have that much trouble with it.  This evening was a 90 minute bike ride.  I took some time to warm up and then did a ladder interval of hard efforts 1-5 minutes and then reverse the times.  Each hard effort was accompanied by a easy set of the same time interval.  When I got home, I was to do an easy run for 15 minutes.  I averaged about 8:55 pace for the 15 minutes.  Not too bad.  The rest of the week is pretty busy.  It looks like the taper starts this weekend as the time is falling back some.  I finished up everything in the dark tonight.  The shorter days are starting to be a problem.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/232189529

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/232189533

No comments:

Post a Comment