Ironman Boulder

Friday, August 9, 2013

8.9.13 Wow, that escalated quickly!

I slept a little later than planned this morning.  I just didn't get up for some reason.  My plan was for 2600 yards.  I had to stop at 2300 and get to work.  I used my new 910XT.  It must mark laps by arm movement and change of direction.  It didn't track distance when I used the kickboard.  It added 25 yards on my way out of the pool as backstroke.  Oh well, it was still cool the way it worked in the pool.  I have some more data to pour over now.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/355945246

On the way home from work, it looked like rain was coming from the west.  It never rains in August.  I decided to go eat with the family and then ride when I got home.  I was going to get some interval work in for about 40 minutes tonight.  When we got home from dinner, I looked at the radar and was about to give in.  Joe sent me and Rich and motivational video he found.  It made me want to go ride so I checked the radar.  Still looked far enough way to get 40 minutes in so I took off.  I was going to do my intervals on Parkway after I crossed over Denton Tap.  The rain started at the CARC.  When I crossed Denton Tap to start my first interval, the skies opened.  Oh my god, it was a deluge.  The lightning started next.  At least 5 cracks of lightning over my head and it seemed like one of them hit a tree 5 feet from me.  Loudest thing I have ever heard.  I tried to get home as fast as I could.  Lost cause for tonight.  I'll ride again tomorrow.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/356160364

No comments:

Post a Comment