Ironman Boulder

Friday, August 9, 2013

8.8.13 Tempo Run

My hamstrings were still really tight for my run.  Residual from JGT.  The run was pretty simple as laid out by Jeff.  One mile warm up, 4 miles in the 8:15-8:25 range and a cool down mile.  The weather was warm (it is August) but the humidity was down so it wasn't too bad.  My HR monitor was reporting strangely for the first quarter mile or so.  I didn't get it wet before taking off.  I just took it easy to start and tried to work through the soreness.  When mile two hit, it was time to pick up the pace.  I was a little slow and was running at around 8:40 pace.  Same held true for mile three.  Mile four was my best mile at 8:19 and mile five was 8:35.  Not terrible but not great.  I passed the high school cross country team during mile four.  They were coming at me while I was going down Parkway.  I could hear Coach Farris yelling at them to share the sidewalk.  She's a piece of work and I always liked her.  I jogged in the last mile.  Good thing about summer is jumping in the pool after a run.  My body temperature cools faster and I don't feel like I sweat all the way to the office.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/355480357

No comments:

Post a Comment