Ironman Boulder

Saturday, August 10, 2013

8.10.13 Biking and Rock Climbing

It's my long bike day.  Jeff wanted me to do no more than 3 hours today but do several hard intervals.  I decided to go out to the whitehouse and back.  There was a fairly stiff north wind this morning that was tough on the way out but made it fast coming home.  The bridge on Wichita Trail was out so I ride by Joe's house.  He was out back today and I stopped for a few minutes to talk with him and refill my water bottle.  It was really humid today and pretty miserable towards the end of the ride.  I was trying to average 17.5 today which is fairly fast considering stop lights, stop signs, and stops to eat or drink.  At the halfway point, I was 2 minutes off pace but was flying on the way home.  I made up the time with 12 miles to go.  Felt pretty good today overall and ended up with an average speed of 17.8 which is quick for me.  I went up to Bicycles Plus and they put my cadence meter on my bike so I will be getting more data next week on the bike.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/356598785

This afternoon I went rock climbing with my wife and kids.  I don't know if this is good cross training but it was fun.  My arms are toast tonight.  We probably climbed for a few hours before heading home.  I'm sure my form is incredible as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment