Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8.26.13 Damn Cell Phone

My wife and her boot camp crowd are having a rest week and she was looking for something less intense to do.  I asked Shelby if we could join the Enduroshark crew for his Monday boot camp.  He was good with that.  Since the boot camp we both were going to in the winter closed, I haven't had a chance to do too much with Patty, so that was fun.  Monday is a swim day so I was going to hold off until later in the evening.  It was the first day of school so the turnout was light.  I got burpees again on the blind tennis ball draw.  Happens every time.  I think half the balls in the bag are burpee balls.  I like doing the big rope during the station work.  In the afternoon at work, my phone wouldn't come on.  The touch screen was dead.  On further review, the LCD screen was cracked and I was screwed.  Patty and I had to go to the Verizon store and get a new phone.  Full price since no one was eligible for an upgrade.  I can't live without it.  I decided on insurance this time since I take it everywhere including the bike and running.  What this meant is I missed my swim workout.  Since it's a taper week before TriRock Austin, it probably isn't that big a deal.  First my Garmin falls off in the lake and now a cracked cell phone.  I'm on a bad run of luck right now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment