Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8.20.13 Track Speed Work

Doesn't seem like I have been to the track for speed work in a few weeks.  It was good to be back on the softer surface today.  My knees are much happier.  My workout was a warm up mile, 5x (800 meters at 3:35-3:40 which is 7:10-7:30 mile pace), and a cool down mile.  My times were very good today and most of the intervals were faster than expected.  If I can relax and concentrate on form, I do better.  When I think about how far to go and tense up trying to strain through each interval, it is much harder.  Usually because my form falls apart.  If I needed more speed today, I worked on form and stride.  Worked out well.  My intervals were at 7:08, 6:59, 7:10, 7:10 and 7:06 pace.  My cool down mile was around 8:35 and seemed really easy.  I thought my pace was in the low 9s.  Good day.  I took the day off yesterday.  I was wiped out from the weekend and slept in on Monday morning.  I figured the rest would do me good.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/362148869

No comments:

Post a Comment