Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

8.28.13 Taper Double

Wednesday is a double workout day.  I swam in the morning.  My plan was for about 40 minutes today.  I ended up going a little long at 55 minutes covering 2400 yards.  It's been a week since I was in the water and felt like a few extra minutes would be ok.  I definitely felt a little sluggish to start but picked it up towards the second half.  Lots of speed work today in the workout.  This evening I rode the bike for an hour.  Interval work today.  I started at the Flower Mound Rec Center and rode out to Murrell Park at Lake Grapevine and back.  Intervals were 3 minutes moderate, 3 minutes hard and 4 minutes recovery.  I repeated four times book ended by a 10 minute warm up and cool down.  It was still 95 degress at 6:45 but the heat was not a problem at all.  Legs felt good tonight.  It is the start of my taper for TriRock Austin so the workouts will be easy for the rest of the week.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/366896041

No comments:

Post a Comment