Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

8.7.13

I took Monday off completely.  My hamstrings and feet were tore up pretty badly.  Tuesday, I woke up early and ran an easy 5 mile recovery.  It was fairly painful.  I got faster as the miles rolled off but it wasn't easy.  The heat and humidity didn't help either.  These first few weeks of August are typically the worst week's of heat in Dallas.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/354392149

We have one of our air conditioners out this week and the repair man was supposed to come by the house at 6am.  He didn't show until 7:30am so I completely missed my swim this morning.  I was still feeling pretty banged up so it wasn't a big deal.  I had a 90 minute bike ride planned for tonight.  It was still over 100 degrees when I left on my ride at 7:00pm.  I made it to the lake and felt my rear tire getting soft.  Sure enough, another flat.  I am really starting to get pissed off about this.  There is something wrong with that rear wheel.  I'm glad it didn't happen at the race.  I will be going to the bike shop tomorrow.  The whole thing is disappointing and I only was able to ride for an hour tonight.  A lost day of work today which is out of my hands to some degree.  Bummer.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/355240221

No comments:

Post a Comment