Ironman Boulder

Thursday, August 15, 2013

8.15.13 Tempo Run

Kind of back to the normal routine today.  The Thursday tempo run was on tap today.  It seemed pretty challenging from the outside looking in.  One warm up mile, 3x (4 minutes at 8:30 pace, 3 minutes at 8:00 pace, 1 minute at 7:30 pace, rinse and repeat), and a cool down mile which should add up to approximately 5 miles.  I searched my Garmin database for a good 5 mile route to use today.  It seems like I haven't reallly used that distance in a while.  I found a five mile route but I wasn't wearing my glasses.  My eyes are becoming a problem.  I put them on for the run because I was having trouble reading my watch.  I took off and went my six mile route instead of my five mile route.  I figured this out about three miles in but it was too late.  Damn eyesight.  I hit my numbers today.  Some of the 7:30s were more like 7:40 but close enough for government work.  My legs are a little sore this afternoon but that was probably to be expected.  Good morning despite the extra mile I put in to get home.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/359303369

No comments:

Post a Comment