Ironman Boulder

Monday, May 6, 2013

5.4.13 Taper Bike

It has been a few days so I will ease into the race report.  I missed Saturday so I will keep it as a separate post.  I slept in a little on Saturday morning because I usually do not sleep well on race night.  Jeff had a 90-120 minute ride planned at an easy pace.  We planned to leave for Austin around noon so I wasn't in a hurry and the weather was a little cold on Saturday morning.  At aroun 9:30 I left the house and decided to take the same route as Wednesday morning to the lake and back.  I took it very easy and tried not to get on the gas.  The wind was light but felt like no matter which way I went, it was fighting me a little bit.  I made it there and back in about 105 minutes.  Really concentrated on holding back and enjoying the ride.  We loaded the truck and left around 1pm.  We didn't have any traffic to speak of and made it to the hotel by 3:45.  Checked in and then went to Jack and Adams to pick up my packet on Barton Springs.  The Chuy's is right there so we ate dinner while we were downtown.  I paid for an upgrade on my room but didn't get it so I asked the front desk.  They gave me the Heisman so I had to call hotels.com.  They fixed the problem and moved us up to the 7th floor with apologies from the manager complete with two things I couldn't use.  Free breakfast coupons and free drink coupons.  I would be gone before breakfast and didn't plan on drinking until after the race.  I'll hold on to them for some other time.  I got to bed early at around 9:30 or 10, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment