Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

5.28.13 Birthday Track Run

Today was my birthday and I did not feel great this morning.  I don't know if it was something I ate last night but my stomach was a little queasy this morning.  My legs were still feeling the effects from Saturday and Sunday.  I have shorter, lower intensity workouts this week.  Good thing, because I was not feeling it at all for the past two days.  This morning I did a warm up mile, 4x (400 at 5k pace followed by a 400 recovery), cool down mile.  My fast 400s were not great.  They were in the 1:54-1:57 range which equates to a little over mid 7 minute per mile pace.  They were a struggle to maintain.  Probably the hardest 4 mile track workout I have had in quite some time.  I saw Jeff at the track.  I was able to spend a few minutes with him before starting my workout.  Always good to bounce things off of Jeff.  I ate some sour cream chicken enchiladas at Blue Goose tonight and ate some cake.  Work may create some problems for my workouts in the morning.  I'll have to see.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/319334235

No comments:

Post a Comment