Ironman Boulder

Saturday, May 11, 2013

5.11.13 Time Trial/Ride

Jeff invited me to do a time trial today with some of the other people he trains this morning at 7am.  This was different and seemed like fun.  He uses it as a baseline and does this every month or so to see where we are. I left the house around 6:40 and headed to Andy Brown East.  Jeff was there waiting and we needed to travel about 4-5 miles to where we were doing the time trial.  It was a nice little 2 mile loop in a warehouse district and we were going to do 3 loops.  I was second in line which was good.  I had someone to chase.  We were leaving at 20 second intervals.  There was enough wind that it was harder going west and north.  I tried to leave a little in the tank for the last lap but really hammered hard.  It was all out on the last lap and I had my best time on that lap.  Overall, I finished with an average of 22.4mph.  It was fun going all out like that and should be great to see if my time improves over the summer.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/311190211

After the time trial, we decided to ride out to the whitehouse and back.  My legs were fried after the TT.  It was really hard to accelerate up hills or on flatter sections.  Jeff had a friend riding with us named Doug who was really fast.  We added another 42 miles after the TT and it was good to turnaround at the whitehouse and enjoy the tailwind on the way home.  I'm really tired and hope my legs will respond well tomorrow for my trail run.  I bought an all natural electrolyte drink from Skratch Labs.  Pretty good stuff.  I don't know if it is better than my Accelerade but it was different.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/311190250



No comments:

Post a Comment