Ironman Boulder

Thursday, May 23, 2013

5.23.13 Hill Repeats

When Jeff sent my plan before he went to Houston for Ironman Texas, I thought it was a little odd that today's workout had a specific time of 5:15am in the Guero's parking lot.  The group he trains were all meeting there this morning for the hill repeats in Valley Ranch.  I sort of took my time this morning and didn't get there until a little after 6am.  When I saw everyone coming back to the parking lot, I realized what was going on.  I'm a little upset with myself that I missed out.  Today would have been a good day to have some company.  The west side of Valley Ranch has some nice hills.  The last hill heading south on Ranchview before you get to Ranch Trail has a pretty decent grade to it.  Once I reached this point, the plan was to repeat this hill 2-4 times.  I decided to do four in my infinite wisdom.  It was really hard.  Luckily, I packed a little cooler with my Endurox and some extra water that was cold.  I am capable of a a few moments of clarity early in the morning.  It's still pretty humid outside and I think about 2 pounds disappeared when I weighed myself after the run.  I am very close to making an appearance in the 160s again.  It would be nice to get down to around 165 before Buffalo Springs.  The times for today are obviously a little slower than my normal runs but the degree of difficulty was raised a few notches today.  Despite the fact the McDonalds smelled really good in the parking lot, I did not cave to the Sausage McMuffin craving.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/316907358

No comments:

Post a Comment