Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5.14.13 Poor Track Run Today

Man, I felt like crap today.  I'm not sure why.  I almost felt like I was running a low grade fever when I woke up and it took some time to convince myself to head to the track.  I did not feel great yesterday in the water either and I'm wondering if the past two days are related somehow.  I guess there will be bad days.  Jeff gave me a pretty simple workout.  A warm up mile, 5x (1000m at 5k pace), cool down mile.  I decided to recover during the final 200m so I started in the same spot on the track.  On the first lap of my 5k paced mile I knew this was going to be a problem today.  I just couldn't generate and sustain any speed and I can't say I really cared a whole lot based on the way I was feeling.  All of the 1000m intervals were in the 7:30-7:50 pace range.  Last week, all of my intervals were below 7:00 mile pace.  I really wondered if I was going to finish the workout.  I trudged through and finished.  I still don't feel great today.  As an added bonus, I get to work all night tonight and that will surely mess with my schedule tomorrow.  It just keeps getting better.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/312781703

No comments:

Post a Comment