Ironman Boulder

Friday, May 31, 2013

5.31.31 Race Wheels and Workouts

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday.  Work is crazy right now combined with trying to get my workouts in.  Yesterday, I ran six miles at a fairly slow pace, half marathon and marthon paced miles.  At this point, I consider half marathon around nine minutes and marathon ten minute miles.  It is hard to force myself into a slower pace on a short run although I know it is the right thing to do.  Jeff wants me to work on training my body to be more efficient in a fat burning mode.  Same thing will occur on Sunday when I am going to be asked to keep my HR in a fat burning zone.  I was able to get home from work in time to get to Bicycles Plus with about 10 minutes before close.  JT saw me pull up in my truck and was ready to get the wheels put on my bike when I walked in the door.  About 3 guys descended on my bike and I walked out the door with a couple of minutes to spare.  I really didn't want them to have to work after close and felt bad about getting there a little late.  I will definitely ride them on Saturday morning and maybe a little this evening.  I had to get to work early today so I headed to the pool a little before 6am.  My workout was 2650 yards, which is slightly longer than the usual workouts for the past few months.  I did not have any issues with the length.  The fatigue is starting to wear off a little bit from the past few weeks so I feel better about that.  I have an optional ride tonight.  I am a little excited about spending some time on the Zipps, so I may go ahead and do an easy ride.  I am doing hills with Jeff tomorrow morning in south Dallas.  It will be interesting to see how the bike performs with the new wheels.  I am considering a new cassette.  I think my Cannondale came with a 12-25 and I am thinking about going with a 11-28.  I get a better fast gear and better gear for climbing on the other end.  Around here, I really never get out of the 3-4 lowest gears but it would be nice to have a better climbing range for Lubbock or the few hills we have around here.  They moved my current cassette over to the new wheels so it may not be apples to apples if I buy the new wheels.  Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment