Ironman Boulder

Thursday, February 28, 2013

2.28.13 Tempo Run

Last day of February and I'm glad to see it go.  One month closer to some better weather.  Once again today, the temperature this morning was in the 30s with wind chill in the 20s.  Sorry, not happening so I went back to sleep for another hour and decided to run this evening.  Jeff gave me a strange tempo run workout for tonight.  Two warm up miles and then five sets of :30 at 8:00 pace, :30 at 7:40 pace, :30 seconds at 7:20 pace, :30 seconds at 7:00 pace, and a 2:00 recovery.  After that, I ran one mile at 7:50 and a cool down mile.  It was really hard trying to figure out if I was on the correct pace or not.  I tried to stay with it but it was tough.  My fast mile afterwards was in the 7:40s and then I took it easy coming home.  The speed work for this week was kind of tough on my hamstrings and I was feeling it a little.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/278764727

For the month of February, I had the following totals that are not too bad considering I had to take a full week off due to injury.

Swim:  19,300 yards
Bike:  183.39 miles
Run:  72.67 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment