Ironman Boulder

Friday, February 8, 2013

2.8.13

I woke up this morning and had to decide whether to swim or ride the bike.  Had I got up early enough, I may have been able to do both but I didn't.  Jeff brought the bike trainer by the house last night so hooked up road bike into the trainer.  I didn't have a chance to try it out.  I settled on going to the pool since my swim workouts have been light for the past few months and I need to get back in the water mentally.  My son and I are going to the Stars game tonight so I probably will not get a chance to ride on the trainer this afternoon.  I was able to knock out the 2400 swim pretty quick today.  The kick board part of the workout used fins today so that goes faster.  I don't really like using the fins.  I'm not sure why, it just feels awkward.  I guess it has a purpose so I'll do what the workout says.  I was supposed to do an hour on the bike or a short 4 mile run tonight but probably not happening.  I am going to reverse the workouts this weekend.  Run on Saturday and ride on Sunday.  We are supposed to get heavy storms on Saturday night which would wash out a trail run.  I like my weekend trail runs so opting for Saturday at Lake Grapevine is more appealing.  I have seen where there are varying theories on whether long runs should come before or after long rides.  Jeff has me do the long ride on Saturday followed by the long run on Sunday.  Every now and again, I swap the days but usually stick to the plan as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment