Ironman Boulder

Monday, February 4, 2013

2.4.13 Off Day

Jeff suggested I take the day off for recovery purposes and get a baseline tomorrow on where I am at.  Tomorrow, I am going to the track and will do a warm up mile, one mile at 80% effort, 400 recovery, one mile at 90% effort, 400 recovery, one mile at 100% effort, 400 recovery and a cool down mile.  He is interested in the times for the 3 miles.  I really don't know what to expect so it will be interesting.  I figure to be somewhere in the high 7s to mid 8s as a pure guess.  I will be driving to the track tomorrow instead of my 1.5 mile run to/from the track as the warm up and cool down.  I figure this will be a really hard workout and driving home or at least having my truck close by is more comforting.  Jeff has my neighbors bike trainer and may drop it off with me tonight.  If he does, I will be able to get my bike workouts during the week in at night in the cozy confines of the house instead of braving the dark, mean streets of northwest Dallas County.

No comments:

Post a Comment