Ironman Boulder

Saturday, February 9, 2013

2.9.13 Trail Run

As expected, I switched the run and bike this weekend.  The weather look ominous tonight and tomorrow morning so if I wanted to get in a trail run, it had to be today.  I met Joe at his house at 8:15.  We decided to run to the MADD shelter and back.  It's a little over 5 miles in and the route out is about 6 miles.  I haven't been to Northshore in a few weeks and it has been my nemesis when it comes to tripping me.  The trail reached out and grabbed me a few times today but I did not go down.  The water level is coming up at the lake.  I forgot my phone so I don't have any pics.  We kept a pretty steady pace today.  We stopped a few times to take in a gel but that was about it.  Lots of bikers towards the end of the run but it really wasn't a problem.  I pushed the pace pretty hard for the last mile or so.  We ended up around 11.25 miles in a little over 2 hours.  The portion of the trail we run is very difficult terrain but is very good for endurance training.  Weather was high 40s with a strong wind that made it feel much colder.  I guess winter is back again.  If the weather does not improve, I may be riding the trainer tomorrow.  That would be a beating.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/271375431

No comments:

Post a Comment