Ironman Boulder

Sunday, February 10, 2013

2.10.13 Trainer

We had some heavy rain last night.  I woke up at 7am and checked the weather radar.  The main storm had passed but there were a few storm cells out west.  I didn't want to get caught in something bad so I decided to wheel out the trainer and go that route.  I rode the trainer for about 3 hours and 15 minutes.  The trainer is kind of brutal.  I watched a few movies but it was long and arduous.  I think it will work well for 60-70 minute sessions but the long ride stuff is hard.  You can't get out of the saddle and break up the monotony.  I have no idea how many miles this translated to.  Every 30-40 minutes I would try to increase the cadence and shift to a lower gear.  Next week is another build week and we are going to see my daughter in Minnesota so I will need to figure out how I am going to get workouts in.

No comments:

Post a Comment