Ironman Boulder

Friday, February 1, 2013

2.1.13

It's been a few days since the last post.  Pretty busy at work and around the house this week.  I have picked up my usual schedule and will be swimming on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

1.30.13
On Wednesday, I completed the 2400 yard swim Jeff gave me.  My injury is better and the swim on Wednesday felt pretty comfortable.  The swim had some longer sets.  I have been toying with my swim stroke to try and get a little more power and speed.  Sometimes in the longer sets like a 3x300, it's hard to maintain focus and not get a little lazy.  I was supposed to ride the bike for an hour on Wednesday but I just can't get home in time to get out for an hour before the sun drops.  I hate the stationary bikes at the CARC and I don't have a trainer at home.  I guess that needs some reconsideration although in about 4 weeks, I should be able to get enough daylight to finish an hour on the bike.
1.31.13
Jeff had me scheduled for a Tempo Run at the track, actually more speed work.  I woke up at 5:30 and the temperature outside was 34.  My joints just don't work well in cold temps and certainly when I wake up due to the arthritis.  I checked the afternoon and it was going to be in the 60s.  No brainer.  Wait until after work.  I had not run this type of speed work and tempo together in a workout and it looked hard.  It was.  I had a mile warm up.  After the warm up, I did 4x400 at 1:45 (less than 7:00 mile pace) with 200 recoveries in between.  After finishing those intervals, I was to do 2 miles at 8:30 pace.  When those were complete, do another 2x400 at 1:45 with 200 recoveries.  Finally, a mile to cool down.  I did well.  The last two 400s were about 4 seconds slow at 1:49.  My 2 mile tempo run were under the expected pace.  It was a lot harder than I anticipated but what would you expect.  Jeff doesn't let me get comfortable and you don't get any faster slugging along at the same pace every day.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/268319558

January Totals:
Swim: 17,050 yards
Bike:  197.98 miles
Run:  84.10 miles
Strength:  9 hours

I had the injury that stopped me down for 4 days and my swim and bike are a little light.  I will probably roll out of the strength stuff and will continue more triathlon training for February.

2.1.13
I had another 2450 yard swim workout this morning.  My swim was pretty strong.  I had some speed sets in the swim today as well.  Several fast 50s.  I faded a little bit at the end of the 50s but were turning them over in :45-:50 seconds consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment