Ironman Boulder

Sunday, February 3, 2013

2.3.13 Trail Run Adventure

The Matrix and me decided to take a new route today, at least new to me.  Behind his building at work close to Trophy Club are some trails.  Rich knew his way around some of them.  I needed about 11 miles or 110 minutes.  We ended up doing 10.9 in 109 minutes.  He thought we may not have enough trail for that so we considered alot of different options.  Once we got about 4-5 miles in, there were trails that Rich did not know anything about.  We decided to venture into new territory and see where it went.  Hey, they were trails, you can't get lost right.  When we entered the new area there was a map.


Unfortunately, this map was useless.  We saw these in several locations but they never gave you the "You are Here" arrow.  We spent some time looking at these trying to figure out where we were but they never seemed to help.  Rich kind of knew where we were so we just kept going and decided if we went past the time or distance I needed today, we could always just walk out.  We crossed a few fairly large creeks, one led to another set of trails that we ran for a few miles.  I had just said to Rich, I am surprised we haven't seen any deer, when 5-6 does came running through the woods and crossed the trail about 100 feet in front of us.  It happened so fast, I couldn't get a picture with my phone.  One more doe followed the main group, I guess she got dropped from the group.  We kind of thought a buck may be in tow, but never saw another deer the rest of the run.  Here is Rich right after we saw the deer:

 
 
Kind of reminded me when I was a kid and we would explore trails and creeks all day long.  We had a blast today.  It's fun running new areas.  Breaks up the monotony.  I don't know where we are going next week.  May have to go back to Northshore next week.  Rich will be tapering for Cross Timbers.  We did some starting and stopping today, mainly because we were trying to figure out where we were, but we got a solid run in.  Nothing like a nice run in 60 degree weather in February.
 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/269298905


No comments:

Post a Comment