Ironman Boulder

Saturday, February 23, 2013

2.23.13 Bike

It was really cold this morning when I woke up.  It was in the mid 30s but the real feel was 29.  I decided to give the sun some time to work some magic and leave a few hours later.  I started watching the History of the Eagles but it was 3 hours long so after about 90 minutes in I decided to get ready and leave.  I left the house at 10:15 and it was still cold.  The wind was supposed to be about 6-8mph from the north but it was at least 10mph.  I ran into a guy named Chris in Coppell and he was meeting two guys at one of the warehouses on Lakeside Parkway and he asked if I wanted to ride with them today.  I said ok and we picked up Chase and Jacob and took off.  We rode to downtown Denton and stopped at a coffee house there to warm up before heading back.  It was right into the wind the whole way out but at least it would be nice to get the wind on the way home.  We took Hilltop road on the way back it was leg crushing for me.  We were 30+ miles on the way out and close to two hours.  I was only supposed to do 3 hours today so I was definitely going over plan.  After Hilltop, every hill was a struggle today.  I haven't been riding alot lately so my riding fitness is not where it needs to be.  These guys were all pretty fast so it was challenging to stay with them.  Once I got about 7-10 miles out, I was happy and could feel the warmth of the house.  It was just raw out there today.  I'm ready for winter to go away at this point.  65 miles in four hours and five minutes.  I hope my legs aren't shot for tomorrows run.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/276796331

No comments:

Post a Comment