Ironman Boulder

Sunday, February 24, 2013

2.24.13 Trail Run

I woke up this morning at around 7am.  Our plan was to meet at Joe's house at 8:30 and run at Northshore today at Lake Grapevine.  We hoped to run at Cedar Hill state park today but park closes that trail when it sprinkles so Cedar Hill was a no-go.  It was about 44 degrees to start and a little windy and cold again today.  Rich has been sick all week so he wasn't feeling great today and took a short cut out at about 4-5 miles in.  My legs were feeling a little weak after the long ride yesterday.  I hung in there pretty good for the half of the run to the MADD shelter but really began to feel it on the way back.  GU and stingers every 30 minutes today.  Four bottles of water in my fuel belt and I needed them.  I went with the potassium pill this morning and shark salt before I left and borrowed one from Joe after an hour.  I think some dehydration kicked in yesterday and the run today wasn't making it any better.  I had problems thinking straight for some reason over the past few miles.  I couldn't figure out which way to go at trail intersections and tripped again on the trail.  I was glad to get off to be sure.  We covered almost 11 miles in a little over 2 hours.  It was much warmer for the last 30 minutes.  Of course, I had too many layers at that point.  This weather sucks.  I'm ready for Spring.  Glad to give the legs the day off tomorrow with only a swim planned tomorrow.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/277206526

No comments:

Post a Comment