Ironman Boulder

Thursday, January 3, 2013

1.3.13 Tempo Run

It was very cold this morning, like 20s cold.  I wanted to watch the USA/Canada hockey game this morning so I did that and decided to run tonight.  I had to scrape the ice off the windows before heading to work this morning.  Once I arrived home, I changed clothes and headed out on my run.  My tempo run was to be two mile warm up, high 8 minute mile, mid 8 minute mile, 8 minute mile and a cool down mile.  I did not feel great when I left today and that experience never seemed to wane.  My first two miles were 9:25 and 9:30.  It seemed like I was putting in way too much effort to sustain that pace.  I don't know if it was all of the work I have put in over the past two days.  I was very sore from boot camp on Wednesday in my uppper body.  Whatever the reason, I just couldn't get it going.  My next three miles were 9:04, 8:44, and 8:21.  Not exactly what I was hoping for.  I tried to sustain a higher pace and just couldn't at times.  There will be days like this so no need dwelling on it.  Tomorrow is another day.  I will need to find a way to swim tomorrow.  Boot camp is in the morning.  Hopefully, some of the soreness will go away.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/257678829

No comments:

Post a Comment