Ironman Boulder

Thursday, January 10, 2013

1.10.13 Tempo Run

It has been raining for what seems like two straight days.  The cold and rain is wreaking havoc on my joints.  I felt really sore this morning, especially my knees.  My run today was supposed to be 7 miles.  2 warm up miles, 8:15 mile, 9:00 mile, 8:15 mile and 2 cool down miles.  I was running a little late this morning so I had to cut it back and ended up going 6.12 miles with the last 1.12 miles being my cool down run.  The middle tempo miles were 8:28, 9:06 and 8:05.  I had trouble getting it going today.  The first 8:28 was really hard as was the 9:06 which was more of a recovery.  The 8:05 seemed to go pretty well but I was tapped.  It could be the 8:28 was harder because most of the mile was steadily uphill most of the way.  Not a big climb but enough to slow me down.  My knees are still really sore the evening.  Hopefully, I will feel better tomorrow.  The weather is supposed to improve.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/260583735

No comments:

Post a Comment