Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

1.15.13 Thunder Snow

I woke up at about 5am this morning to the sound of thunder this morning.  I looked outside and it looked wet but it was hard to see in the dark.  Since the thunder was rattling around, I decided to get back in the bed.  I checked again about 6:30 and there was snow outside.  At this point, I turned on the TV and we were getting pretty good sleet and snow showers.  I'm not going to run when the temps are in the 20s and we are in the middle of a sleet/snow thunderstorm.  The snow and ice melted this afternoon and things were pretty dry when I got home from work, so I decided to change into my running clothes and knock out the track workout Jeff gave me.  Besides the usual warm up and cool down, my plan called for running five 800s between between 3:40-3:50.  This would equate to 7:20-7:40 paced miles.  My intervals were 3:51, 3:45, 3:41, 3:41, and 3:38.  It was really cold and dark at the track.  I was bundled up pretty good so it was an uneasy feeling running with extra layers of clothes.  It was pretty tough meeting the workout times today but I got the work in.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/262589957

No comments:

Post a Comment