Ironman Boulder

Saturday, January 26, 2013

1.26.13 Back at It

Last night I decided to go for a short run.  I went for 3.5 miles and didn't feel too bad.  My muscle strain mostly hurts now when bending at the waist.  My speed was good after three days off.  I covered the first 5k in about 26 minutes and it wasn't that difficult.  My pace was a little faster the rest of the way home.  I built speed as I went since I wasn't sure what to expect.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/265933071

Since that went well, I decided to get up this morning and ride.  Jeff was doing a running clinic at 11:30 so I wanted to get to that.  I left about 8:20 this morning.  It was a raw day.  Cold, overcast, a little wind from the NE accompanied by some Seattle like rain most of the morning.  Nothing heavy, but enough rain to make things uncomfortable.  Didn't really hurt too much on the ride and my speed was pretty good.  I rode with another guy for about 3-4 miles on Royal Lane.  Nice to have the company for a few miles.  I ended up covering 42 mile in a little over 2.5 hours.  I was supposed to go 3 hours today but I didn't want to push it too hard and have a problem.  When I got home, I was able to make it to the Middle School track in time for Jeff's running clinic.  We ran another couple miles up there.  I think I am ready for the trail run tomorrow with Joe and the Matrix.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/266214613

No comments:

Post a Comment