Ironman Boulder

Saturday, January 19, 2013

1.19.13 Bike

Looks like this is the first weekend in January with decent weather.  It was sunny and about 45 when I got up this morning.  The high today is supposed to be in the 60s.  The only bad thing about today was the wind.  It was blowing at least 15 from the S/SW.  When I took off today, I ran into Justin's friend Brandon who was meeting Joel.  These guys are pretty fast so I decided to ride with them today and see how long I could hang in there.  We rode to the Whitehouse and back.  I stayed pretty close to them on the way out.  When we turned to come home, the hills and wind made it more difficult to stay in contact.  I did ok until I missed a light they went through.  I was about to divert paths anyway.  I needed a little extra distance to make my target of 3 hours today.  I tacked on a detour through Murrell park at Lake Grapevine and that was almost perfect.  I covered 49.6 miles in 2 hours and 56 minutes.  Considering the very windy conditions, this was really fast for me.  It was good to ride with someone else today for awhile.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/263776044

No comments:

Post a Comment