Ironman Boulder

Monday, January 28, 2013

1.28.13 Back in the Water

I wasn't up to boot camp today so I decided to resume my morning swimming routine at the CARC.  After riding the bike and trail running this weekend, I have declared myself fit for training again after last Monday's injury.  I don't feel great but you have to get going again at some point.  This was my first swim since the injury on 1/21.  I was surprised at how much core work there is in swimming.  You never really know how much you use a muscle group until you have to use it when your injured.  All of the core body rotation in the swim stroke was more difficult today than I had anticipated.  Running and riding the bike was not near as bad.  Not that this was bad, it was just more noticable.  I never felt like I needed to stop but my pace was somewhat restrained since I wasn't able to really pull through the entire stroke on my left side.  Another problem was my right side was 100% so there was some drifting issues to the right.  I do feel improved from last week but I am definitely not fully recovered.  I told Jeff to work up a normal plan for me this week and I would make it work.  I was supposed to get a recovery week plan last week so hopefully I didn't lose too much for the 4 days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment