Ironman Boulder

Sunday, January 27, 2013

1.27.13 Northshore Trail Run



We had a big crew to start the day.  Matrix, Joe, Hammer, Joe's neighbor Fred, and me.  Fun to run with a bigger group, the time passes fast.  Hammer tripped on a rock in a nasty section of the trail and had to turn back a couple mile in so we were one down.  About 40 minutes in, Joe and Fred turned back.  I needed at least 1.5 hours so Rich went with me to the chair and then we turned back.  I ended up covering 8.2 miles in right at 90 minutes.  At about a half mile to go, I clipped a rock with my dreaded right toe.  Always the right toe and went down.  Man, I was pissed.  Matrix dug up the rock and threw it in the woods for me.  After I was able to walk off the pain, we hammered it pretty good on the way in.  Once we hit the trail head and got on concrete again, we were right at 8 minute pace or less the rest of the way in.  I wanted off that foot.  I can't seem to get a break lately.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/266570346

No comments:

Post a Comment