Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ironman Boulder

Ironman added a new full distance race for 2014 in Boulder, Colorado on August 3.  My coach Jeff is trying to get a training group together for this race.  I want to do a full Ironman and the timing is good.  140.6 miles seems like alot and it is.  I should have plenty of warm weather training in Dallas leading into the event and I would be done before my kids head back to college.  It's wetsuit legal and the water should be mid 70s which is a good thing.  The altitude has me more than a little nervous but I trust Jeff has a plan.  The race opened for registration at 11am this morning.  I had a meeting at 11am and decided to hit the registration button and see what happened.  It put me in queue and said I had one hour to complete the registration.  I decided to leave for my meeting and if it was still up when I got back, I would go through with it.  It was still there when I got back to my office.  I was really nervous about this and had a hard time completing the registration.  I finally decided to just man up and do it.  I called Jeff and told him I almost felt like throwing up from nerves.  The die has been cast and I am in.  I have 382 days to get ready for this.  It is something I have looked forward to for awhile and is a challenge I should be ready for.  Boulder is a great location and I love the mountains.  I hope this works out.  I don't think my heart rate calmed down after registration for about an hour.  Hitting the button is the easy part.  I haven't been through the next level of training so this will be something new.  My last race this year will be at the end of September and then it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment