Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 18, 2013

7.18.13 Tempo Run

Had a little bit of a hard time sleeping last night so I woke up plenty early and waited for the sun to come up before running.  The plan was for an easy four miles again this morning.  The second and third miles had a one minute fast pace in the middle of the mile.  I started to feel alot better at the end of the fourth mile and went with the pace.  Not super fast but closer to 8 minute mile pace.  I might be coming out of the recovery funk.  It was really cool outside when I started the run.  Hard to believe it is actually the end of July.  Absolutely the strangest summer weather ever.  Enjoy it while it lasts.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/344521352

In all the excitement of registering for Ironman Boulder, I rode the bike yesterday for an easy one hour ride after work.  A little bit of rain was around and the wind was pretty strong with the storms seemingly circling Coppell.  Luckily , we avoided the hard rain and I was able to get the whole hour in.  Legs felt pretty good.  I did not push it at all per instruction.  It's hard to back off and not stretch things out.  I guess another one of those odd go slow days in order to go fast.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/344244400

No comments:

Post a Comment